Most drones are commercially available in the market. Consumer are notified when there are new commercial drone types and units came to the market. Commercial drone buyers can check preferred drone types inside a mall, retail outlet, and online shopping network.
Technology companies produce new commercial drones seasonally. Prices of commercial drones vary in each retail outlet. The value is higher when the drone is made by a well-known company. The drone’s average cost is between $50 and $80.
The device is also known as commercial Unmanned Aerial Device (UAV). Commercial drones help agriculture, construction, and utility industries to improve their production and security. UAV assist companies and households to record human activities, capture accident footage, and to inspect their property.
ALSO READ : Pros and Cons of Drones in Agriculture
Pros of Commercial Drones:
1. Accessible: Commercial drones are accessible to electronic product outlets. You can easily shop drones to possess new electronic gadget. Electronic companies inform the public when there is a new commercial drone in the market.
2. Free Installation Service: Drone sellers offer a free installation service to their customers. A retail shop personnel delivers the device to their client’s business or residence area after purchasing the drone. Installation includes physically connecting the device to the internet, wiring installation, and connecting land drone network.
3. Advertising: Electronic companies advertise commercial drones publicly. The purpose is to increase investment returns collected from commercial drone sales. Advertisement informs the public that there are newly released drone units available in the market. The drones are advertised through television, a radio network, print media, and social media websites.
4. More Drone Choices: Target markets can have the luxury to choose the drone they want to buy. Electronic companies display different drone types in the market. There are drones that have different size, shape, function, and brand.
5. Improve Safety: Commercial drones improve the safety of a household or company. The increasing drone user numbers intensify property or people monitoring activities. When there are more drones, it decreases the criminal activity risks and accident hazards.
6. Stores Legal Evidence: Users can now have the chance to record footage as evidence during an important incidence. Production of commercial drones provides a raw footage to an incident. Examples are capturing accidents, criminal element activities, and natural disasters.
Cons of Commercial Drones:
1. Expensive: Commercial drones are newly developed technology available in the market. This means that the prices are not cheap. There are hidden charges that are applied in addition to the suggested retail drone prices.
2. Requires License to Operate Drones: Local government units started considering users to obtain a license. The purpose is to regulate the use of commercial drones in public airspace. License requirement prevents criminal elements that take advantage towards newly developed technologies.
3. Privacy Breach: Increasing commercial drones in the market risks public privacy. Commercial drone production creates an opportunity for criminal offenders to spy others. Criminal elements can take advantage when they start using the drone for illegal activities.
4. Defective Device: Commercial drones are mass-produced by technology or electronic companies. Machines responsible for manufacturing the device is not designed for inspecting finished products. Defects include a nonchargeable battery, cracks on the surface, and unable to switch the power.
5. Installation Consumes Time: Commercial drone installation takes time before it can fully function. Users assemble the device, register their phone or tablet, and manually connect to the internet. Drone installation may take at least one to two hours.
6. No Return and No Exchange Policy: Retail outlets maintain a no return and no exchange policy to all sold commercial drones. This is a business strategy to prevent revenue losses. Customers may return the device if there are factory defects detected.
Always check the quality of the drones before buying. This is to identify defects and device functionality.
Investigate the background of the retail shops. There are shops that are involved in fraudulent transactions to other consumers.
Identify the proper commercial drone type before buying. This is to provide satisfaction to the drone.
Bring extra money when buying drones that are commercially produced. The suggested retail price is not always the actual price that is advertised.
Be kind to the retail shop owner. Showing courtesy to all shop owners might provide you discounts to the drone.